What is underwriting?
As a nonprofit station, underwriting is an essential element of KDLL radio programs. Underwriting is third-party pieces read aloud by the station personnel that are technical and informative, allowing listeners to form their own opinion about the product or service. This practice is similar to advertising. However, unlike advertising, underwritten spots cannot include calls to action and cannot persuade an audience to buy, purchase or donate to a cause.
View the KDLL underwriting flyer here.
- As an NPR affiliate, KDLL provides national news and entertainment programming.
- KDLL has unique news and entertainment programming that can’t be heard elsewhere. We also provide live broadcasts of Kenai Peninsula Borough Assembly meetings and employ the Emergency Alert System as services to our community.
- KDLL leads other area stations in morning and weekend listenership.
- Our members not only listen to KDLL, they financially support the station. And they appreciate others who support public radio, as well.
- Our signal reaches the homes and businesses of over 30,000 individuals from Cooper Landing to Kenai and Nikiski to Ninilchik. Our online streaming brings us to listeners around the world.
By underwriting with KDLL, you support public radio and gain wide exposure for your business, organization or event. Our listeners are thoughtful, savvy, conscientious citizens who are engaged in their community. They support local businesses, charities, the arts and events. And we can help you capture their attention. To learn more about the NPR audience click here.
- It’s affordable — packages start as low as $150.
- It’s customizable — we can tailor a plan to suit your needs and budget.
- It’s easy — our sales representative can answer your questions, write and produce your spot and arrange billing at your convenience.
- Image building — By supporting a valued community service, program sponsorship on KDLL is a way to distinguish your business or organization.
- Clarity — Unlike commercial advertising, your sponsorship message does not need to compete in a cluttered environment. Your message will stand out and be heard.
- Active listeners — KDLL listeners don't just listen, they get involved. They are leaders in their communities, decision-makers on whom your message will have impact.
- Quality audience — Public Radio listeners are generally well-educated and affluent. Some distinguishing characteristics* of the public radio audience, compared with average U.S. adults are:
- 65% of NPR listeners discuss content with friends, family and colleagues
- 81% of NPR listeners consider NPR personally important to them
- 83% of NPR listeners take action in response to something heard on NPR
- 70% of NPR listeners hold a more positive opinion of companies that support NPR
*2015 NPR personal Effect study