Show off your culinary prowess in KDLL's Pickle Cooking Contest, part of our Picklefest Party annual membership meeting from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 25, 2019, at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.
1. Bring a dish involving pickles to KDLL's Picklefest. It can be an appetizer, soup, entree, bread, dessert — your imagination is the limit, as long as pickles are among the ingredients.
2. Portion your dish so it can serve at least 30 tasting portions.
3. Bring a sheet of paper with the name and description of the dish (HINT: The more appetizing the description, the better your chances. Put those marketing minds to work.) On the back of the paper, include an ingredient list (in case someone has an allergy concern). DO NOT include your name on the sheet. Judging will be blind.
4. You can submit as many dishes as you like.
5. Check-in for dishes is 6 p.m. Judging starts at 6:30 p.m.
1. A panel of Expert Culinary Geniuses will taste all entries and score dishes on use of pickles, taste, cookery (doneness, consistency, etc.) and visual presentation. Much arguing will be involved. Expert Culinary Geniuses take these things very seriously. The dish with the highest cumulative score wins the Judge's Award.
2. Attendees of Picklefest will be encouraged to taste whatever dishes they wish and vote for their favorites by depositing $$ into a bucket at each dish. Money talks, after all. The dish with the most cash at the end of the night wins the People's Choice Award.
3. Winners will receive prizes fabulous enough to make their friends turn green with envy.
Questions? Call Jenny at 907-283-8433 or email email@example.com.