Breakup in Alaska is not the most beautiful time of year. KDLL and the Kenai Fine Art Center can help! We’re holding an art auction to give us something beautiful to see until spring really does spring forth on the central Kenai Peninsula.
Artwork is on display at Veronica’s Café in Kenai through April, open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Fridays.
Listen to interviews with participating artists, airing 11 a.m. Mondays, rebroadcast at 10 a.m. Sundays. Tune in at 91.9 FM or listen online at www.kdll.org.
- 11 a.m. April 5 & 10 a.m. April 11: Lori Engler, Angela Bell, Susie Scrivner
- 11 a.m. April 12 & 10 a.m. April 18: Marion Nelson, Jason Ramirez
- 11 a.m. April 19 & 10 a.m. April 25: Melinda Hershberger, Sandra Sterling, Abbey Ulen
- 11 a.m. April 26 & 10 a.m. April May 2 — Sue Biggs and Kaitlin Vadla
- 11 a.m. May 3 and 10 a.m. May 9 — Chere' Avigo, Dan Verkuilen and Emily Kornelis
And you can continue to appreciate the art by taking it home! Bidding is conducted online through May 8. All proceeds benefit KDLL and the Kenai Fine Art Center. Bid early, bid often — support two organizations for the price of your own local artwork!