For guarenteed placement, consider underwriting with KDDL. This is an affordable and effective option for nonprofits and businesses.Call 283-8433 for more information.
How does the KDLL Community Calendar work? It is the purpose of KDLL to inform, educate and entertain the listening public. It is not our intent to promote any particular business, product, service, political view, candidate, or philosophy to our listeners.
Community Calendar is a service to inform members of the community of events sponsored by non-profit organizations, community groups or government agencies. No solicitations or calls to action will be permitted. Notice of the event should be submitted to KDLL by fax, email or letter prior to the event. They will be aired in a manner allowing those events happening soonest to be aired first during each Community Calendar broadcast, subject to exceptions imposed by the KDLL programming department.
- Non-profit (NP) or “community minded” event announcements that briefly list who, what, where, when and generic ticket availability (no list of business outlets).
- NP events at for-profit (FP) venue only if NP receives all proceeds from the gate.
- NP events sponsored by FP organizations only if all proceeds go to NP.
- Co-sponsorship – only if promotions clearly identify NP as sponsor and checks/$ are made out to NP (no mention of donations or vendor booth costs).
- Peace rallies, political events and candidates as long as no money is involved.
- Youth/educational groups (4-H, BoyScouts, public school events, etc.)
- Benefits for those suffering from illness, fire or other disaster.
- Yard sales organized by NP or disaster victims.
- Religious events outside of regular services and events (guest speakers, concerts, etc.)
- “Other events of a non-profit or community minded nature” may be allowed pending review by the KDLL program department.
- FT “First Tuesday” gallery openings and announcements.
- Un-sponsored FP events/performances at NP venues.
- Concert or movie “benefits” hosted by FP where only a portion of the proceeds go to the NP.
- Fundraisers for individuals to attend rallies, conferences, school or pay for expenses to attend event.
- Political candidate/event fundraisers.
- Fundraisers for private schools/educational organizations.
- No selling or promotion of books, movies, toys, food, etc.
- Raffles, lotteries, or any game, contest, or promotion that contains the elements of prize or chance.
Submit online here.